If you are concerned about your alcohol or drug use BayAODS can help you work out what you need, identify which services can help and connect you to them.
BayAODS and the services we refer to are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL
All you need to do is call us on 03 9690 9778 or toll free 1800 229 263 and we can talk it over; Mon – Friday 9am-5pm. You can also attend an information session or email BAODS@starhealth.org.au. Alternatively you can submit an online request form or your self assessment.
If you are a GLBTIQ (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer) Individual there is a dedicated line. Please call 1800 906 669 Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
How do we help?
- We will chat with you to work out what kind of help you need and if you would benefit from alcohol and drug services.
- We can provide you with a range of treatment options and help you to choose which ones will be best for you.
- We will complete with you, the documents needed to refer you to the treatment of your choice and we will make and follow-up on the referral to ensure the process is as stress free as possible.
- We can provide you with information and support while you wait for treatment.
Other Treatment Options:
- Opiate substitution therapy– we can help with options and support you to start and stay on a program.
- Overdose prevention – skills, information, Naloxone training and free Naloxone.
- Harm reduction/safer using – you don’t have stop using or drinking to get help from BayAODS. We can give you information to reduce the risks and harms of your drug and alcohol use.
- Nurse assisted withdrawal in the home – we support you to withdraw from alcohol or drugs at home.
- Mutual support groups such as SMART Recovery & 12 step programs.
- Stop smoking services
- Residential withdrawal services (“detox”)
- Residential alcohol and drug rehabilitation services – longer term live in recovery support including a selection of 6 week to 12 month programs
- Day time non- residential group recovery programs
- Family counselling and support services to assist your family to understand what you are going through
- Care and Recovery Coordination – intensive help for people with complex needs related to mental illness, homelessness and substance use
- Outreach AOD Counselling –for people who cannot attend on site due to illness or disability
- Dual Diagnosis Clinic – counselling, referral and support for people experiencing both a mental illness and problems related to alcohol and drug use
- Centre Based Counselling